Objectives of Establishment
For a very long time, we have continued to bask in the glow of the achievements of our predecessors, who reconstructed post-war Japan and led its economic development. Today, with new concerns about our future, we believe it is the responsibility of our generation and the current one to reconstruct our social paradigm and transform Japan into a nation with a bright future and Asia into a global mover.
To achieve these goals, we must break the moulds of the 1980s and work anew on the issues of the people and the system to establish a rejuvenated and internationally relevant Japan.
Our Goals are
- To cultivate and support human resources in order to transform Japan into an influential global nation.
- To establish a prosperous superannuated society in advance of the rest of the world and demonstrate its principles and fruits globally.
- To create a common basis among Asian peoples and contribute positively to the world.
We have established the Outlook Foundation with the aim of achieving these goals. Our first step will be to offer proposals based on the best of contemporary understanding.
Themes of the Foundation
Our principle theme is openness. We present a brighter future vision to younger generations by establishing a model of prosperity in our aging society through efforts toward 1) education to nurture independence, social responsibility and right decision-making; 2) support of women’s full integration; 3) development of local societies and cultures; and 4) communication and resonance with other Asian peoples.
- Establishment of young people’s identities through gaining independence, fulfilling responsibilities and making right decisions.
- Enhancement of governance under continuous inspections from our supporters and contributors. High governance capabilities foster solid governance in the society.
- Networking of social activities for the opening of Japan
- Two-phase initiative: (A) proposals for a formal statement of objective and (B) establishment of an independent think-tank based on a low-cost model
- Financing based on a flow concept, rather than a stock concept
Operation and Funding
- Inspired volunteers operate the Outlook Foundation.
- Initial funding is a self-financed 10 million yen, proceeding to Step 2 as Outlook gains supporters.